03 Aug 10:00 - 13:00 - Ulaanbaatar
➧ More info
Steppe Yoga is a guided TOUR that blends yoga, nature, culture, food, and adventure to create a truly authentic Mongolian experience. Come and enjoy the wonder of Mongolia with conscious and sustainable manner.
Imagine a country that’s like a National Park, where you can camp anywhere you want and visit anyone you choose. This is Mongolia.
Come and experience the beauty of my homeland. Its stunning vistas, singing sand dunes, endless grasslands, breathtaking red cliffs, waterfalls, ancient monasteries and mesmerizing landscapes. On the Mongolian Desert Dwellers journey, you will not only get to witness the beauty of Gobi and Central Mongolian nature, you will ride on horses and camels, visit nomadic families and experience life as a Mongol.
You will also nourish your body and your mind with a daily yoga and meditation practice. Through this transformational journey, you will return home with unforgettable memories, inner peace, and with a lasting connection to nature and yourself.
Sounds incredible, right? Let me guide you through my home country to experience this unique journey. With me, something magical awaits you every day!
(Aug 3 – Aug 20, 2018 )
www.steppeyoga.com/mongolian-desert-dwellers-yoga-tour/" target=_blank class="shref">www.steppeyoga.com/mongolian-desert-dwellers-yoga-tour/
Day 1 – Welcome to Mongolia. Arrival in Ulaanbaatar city
Day 2 – Yolyn am (Vulture valley)
Day 3 – Yolyn am (Vulture valley)
Day 4 – Khongor sand dunes
Day 5 – Camel riding day
Day 6 – Khongor sand dunes
Day 7 – Bayanzag fossil cliffs
Day 8 – Bayanzag fossil cliffs
Day 9 – Ongi monastery
Day 10 – Hujirt river
Day 11 – Orkhon waterfall
Day 12 – Horse riding excursion
Day 13 – Orkhon waterfall
Day 14 – Erdene zuu monastery
Day 15 – Erdene zuu monastery
Day 16 – Elsen tasarhai mini gobi
Day 17 - Drive back to Ulaanbaatar
Day 18 – Ulaanbaatar farewell
Your host, Selenge, was born in Khuder, a small town in the north-east. She grew up in the countryside chasing horses, playing outdoors and picking wild berries. In Mongolia, she worked for 8 years as a tour guide and manager for people all over the world. She moved to Melbourne, Australia in 2010, and discovered the transformative qualities of yoga. Her journey lead her to India and Bali where she learnt the life changing yogic philosophies of asana, pranayama and meditation. In 2014, she combined her passion for yoga and Mongolian nature and culture by creating Steppe Yoga Tours. Her intention for Steppe Yoga Tours is to share this passion with the conscious community in a whole–hearted way in this unique environment. Selenge brings a refreshing sense of fun and irreverence to her practice. This allows people to explore new dimensions of both their inner and outer world.
Whatever comes up in this journey, you will be held, guided and given the opportunity to open up and be your authentic self! Letting go, laughing, rediscovering your truth, connecting to your inner child, dancing under the moonlight and releasing any shame or fears will be welcomed in this journey.
Selenge will invite you to ‘Re-Wild yourself’ release the energy and expectations of the city, and replace it with your connection to the earth. You will have the space and opportunity to re-birth your spirit and allow what emerges to flow freely into the elements around you. Selenge will guide you into stepping into your most empowered self by sharing her daily rituals and practice.
This experience will be hugely transformative and enjoyable! The Mongolian nature and culture offers something exquisite and totally unique to anything else.
• Practice yoga asana everyday in nature, giving you peace and vitality
• Learn yoga asana, pranayama (breathing exercises) and meditation, giving you the tools to take them home and create a sustainable lifelong practice
• Participate in evening interactive self-development workshops on the philosophy of yoga, resilience in a harsh environment, yogic breath…etc.
• Meet nomads, learn about their life, play traditional games with the locals and party with them.
• Ride camels in the Gobi Desert, and visit a significant archaeological site where dinosaur fossils were found
• Explore Orkhon valley and visit waterfalls on horseback.
• Participate in unique culinary experiences such as Khorkhog (Mongolian BBQ), fermented mare’s milk, dried curd, and Mongolian cheese. (The remaining meals on the tour will be mostly vegetarian.)
• Immerse yourself into the history and culture of this unknown wonderland
• Gather around the bonfire and exchange stories with your friendly fellow travellers.
Nothing can beat experiencing it! If you want an adventure that goes far beyond what most tourist experiences can offer, this is the tour for you!